26.7.10



We had get ourselves photographed in font of Akamon of Tokyo University, since our ryokan was in the Hongō (本郷) area.  I've heard about the gate from Japanese manga books quite a bit, however it was not as impressive as I thought it would be. It just looked too familiar to me.  If I ever lived in Tokyo, I'd like to live in Hongo area. Cheap and quiet. And I already know one nice bar to go to. The bartender is a huge fan of rock music, he was quite impressed to hear that we were from Detroit. He told us that he had seen KISS numerous times.


The old wooden building in front of our ryokan, the ryokan itself was over 100 years old.

Kasumigaseki (霞ケ関), Political Science-major Will wanted to see the Diet Building.

 I never cared for going to Kasumigaseki, but it was quite interesting to see Kasumigaseki area and to pass by Nakatacho. The streets were empty, as we went during the Golden Week. 



Then again, I was not able to go to the observatory again this time. The line was way too long.  JAL had the on-flight service, which you could choose to any film. I watched Tokyo Tower, as I love Odagiri Joe quite a bit. Tokyo Tower itself won't be the same as before I saw the film.

No comments: